Engineering and Special Services
Aerocon offers a complete range of engineering services to the aerospace industry. Our aim is to provide you with a one-stop shop for all your engineering needs. We provide design and support engineering services in the following categories:
JSF Cooperative Electronics Test Bed (CATBird)
- 45-90KVA Generator / GCU Upgrade
- Mission Electrical System
- Mission Liquid Cooling System
- Mission Air Cooling System
- ECU (Air Conditioning Pack) Upgrade
- Interior Compliance Evaluation
Joint Surveillance and Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS)
- Auxiliary Power Unit (APU)
C-130 Avionics Modernization Program (AMP)
- Auxiliary Power Unit (APU)
- Design and analysis of structural modifications to suit customer requirements
- Analysis and Test of FAA Approved Limits for Aircraft Components & Material. (i.e. Honeycomb or Composite Panel Facing and Core, Joint Strength, etc.)
- Data Reduction Per MMPDS, Test Oversight by FAA or AEROCON DER's.
- Engine Mount, Thrust Reverser Cascade, Ground and In-flight Operable APU and Actuation Systems
Avionics & Electronics
- Radar Mounts, Inertial Navigation, Antennas and Electrical Air Conditioning Systems, SATCOM Systems
- Executive and Airline Interior Galleys, Carts, Video, Entertainment, Vacuum and Auto Dump Lavatory Systems
- VIP and special mission noise reduction through thermal/acoustic insulation, interior modifications, and treatment of existing systems.
- Fire Bomber and Spray Systems, Cargo Restraints and Special Seating.
- Ground and In-Flight Operable APU Systems for B707, E-8C (J-STARS) and C-130/L-382. Auxiliary Air Conditioning for Equipment and Personnel on the C-130/L-382, B707 and the DC-8, Generator Upgrade, Power Distribution System, Air Conditioning Upgrade, and Liquid Cooling System for the JSF CATB.
- Comprehensive in-flight testing and analysis services, including aircraft test beds
Flight Test Services
In 1983, AEROCON added flight test services to its inventory of engineering and test equipment. Our combi configured aircraft is designed to facilitate the quick installation and removal of flight test equipment and personnel support systems. This aircraft provides the ideal platform for ease of flight test and observation.
In addition to our large transport aircraft flight services we also operate twin engine aircraft. We employ this aircraft for smaller scale flight test programs. Our experience in Power Distribution Unit (PDU) design and analysis make the modification of this aircraft a viable option for flight test projects.
- Modifications for external sensors mounted in radome, side cargo doors and/or belly mounted pallets. Design analysis, fabrication, installation and approval.
Equipment Rack Mounts And Electrical Power Distribution
- Matched to system equipment and sensor data gathering requirements. Inertial Navigation Systems, Electronics and various antenna types, as well as electric powered air conditioning system installation.
AEROCON provides structural testing for determination of approved allowable limits, established by the FAA, for aircraft components and materials. We can perform many types of structural testing. The following is a partial list of materials tested in our lab:
- Honeycomb and Face and core strength per AMSSTD401
- Attachments, shelves, corners, latches, hinges
Welded, bolted, riveted, and bonded joints
- Seats, belts, harnesses, overhead storage bins, and straps
Test Data Reduction per MMPDS (DOT/FAA/AR-MMPDS-01)
- (Chapter 9, Guidelines for the Presentation of Data)
Test Witness performed by FAA or AEROCON Structural DER
Aerocon can provide assistance in all phases of aerospace product development, realization, supply, and support.
All designs incorporate Aerocon's standard engineering practices:
- Engineered, modular system that requires minimal on-site fitting for efficient implementation, and is easily customizable
- Scalable design approach for rapid implementation into other aircraft models while minimizing the required stock of spares
- Comprehensive product support that is capable of resolving discrepancies quickly, documenting changes and modifications, and providing rapid replacement of any component parts, regardless of complexity